DEWA requested that Infamous Studios produced imaginative educational content for the youth of Dubai. The project was based on the notion that it is easier to instill positive habits in young people regarding their energy and water usage, rather than to try and change the negative habits of the adult population.
The brief consisted of:
- Create new characters and activate them in a way which would promote sustainability, good attitudes, and positive behaviors
- Opening young minds in issues relating to sustainability and responsible lifestyle choices
- Covering all necessary content services from conceptualization to completion
Infamous Studios offered to take on every aspect of this project for DEWA. We were able to create:
- Storylines and scripts
- Character conceptualization
- The design of both heroes, villains, and settings
- A moral lesson to every issue
- An artistic style which engages young people and gets them thinking about key green issues
- Aspects which would become key parts of the DEWA brand identity
We were very attracted to the idea of going ‘back in time’ with our content, to the golden age of the Marvel and DC comic books we used to collect. We produced:
- Four annual issues of a comic series, as well as animated content and interactive content that took the concept further
- Produced multilingual content which appealed to all aspects of contemporary Dubai society
- Came up with experiments and activities for children to engage with at home
- A thoroughly immersive project, which brought together scientific curiosity, artistic engagement, and creative freedom
The response to our Noor & Hayat comics was phenomenal. The comic books and videos were seen and collected by tens of thousands of children across the region, each of whom would be able to learn from the lessons in the books, and help build a brighter, greener future for Dubai.
The key success for this project came in the form of DEWA taking on our created characters as major aspects of their brand identity. Noor & Hayat will be used for prominent brand activations in the future, and there is also an app in the pipeline which will feature our characters and creative output.