OSN reached out to Infamous Studios to request a unique series of animated video production services, which would form a corporate responsibility and health initiative to be shown across their channels. They initially requested:
- Approximately 20 videos aimed at tackling obesity, due to form part of a wide-reaching health initiative
- Witty and original content which would maximize the impact and effect on their viewers
- Content covering four key topics: Drink more, Live More, Obesity Awareness, Breast Cancer, Walking
In order to achieve the desired results of this project, Infamous Studios offered to take on every single aspect regarding the content creation. We offered to produce:
- The storylines and scripts
- The animations
- The music
- The voiceovers
- The production and post-production
- Ideas for further potential videos
Our creative team set to work in order to produce snappy, memorable animations, which imparted important information in a positive and fun-focused manner.
The challenge we faced was to come up with fun, fast-paced animations, which were capable of communicating serious and potentially life-changing pieces of health advice. We decided the most effective way to impart the information required was to use our signature whiteboard animation style, which is ideal for providing a storytelling aspect which resonates with wide audiences.
This was ground-breaking in a number of ways. This project was the first in the region to feature animated storyboards. It started with drawing them out and conceptualizing all the design, then we went on to in-house animation to bring them to life. The whiteboards were still-frames, and we had the initiative to combine traditional 2D animation with our whiteboard style, resulting in a new style for OSN that was extremely well-received.
The original four animations were so successful, that a further twenty videos were commissioned. Our animations led to people implementing small exercises and approaches to their own wellbeing. As well as this, the videos achieved:
- Two Telly Awards for best CSR campaign
- Campaign of the Year award
- 15 high profile celebrity endorsements
- The videos ended up being shown 650 times per day across 22 of OSN’s premium and most-watched channels, meaning they were watched by a viewership of millions
- Surveys showed that 87% of OSN subscribers became more aware of their health following exposure to the animations, and 82% of viewers found the videos had a positive impact on their lives.
& Here are some of the videos: